The Diamondback 2013 Recoil 29′er Full Suspension Mountain Bike is the perfect mountain bike for beginners and people getting into more aggressive riding.
The Recoil suspension is one of the best in an entry level bike and it gives you a nice ride without an almost thousand dollar price tag.
The all T-6 aluminum trail frame stands up to just about anything you or the rough terrain can dish out. This 24 speed bike can take a bumpy road or a steep hill with no problems and it’s easy to find the right speed for your situation.
Key Features and Specs
- RECOIL 6061-T6 Aluminum 4″ Trail Frame – made to stand up to just about anything
- Shimano Acera rear derailleur w/SLM-310 8spd rapidfire shifters – shift with ease
- SR XCT 100mm travel Fork / Tuff Shock Rear Shock – makes rough terrain easier to take
- 32h Weinmann SL-7 Doublewall Rims – sturdy to stand up to rough terrain
- Tektro Novela Mechanical Disc Brakes
- Easy to shift
- Stands up to rough terrain
- Great price point for the bike
- Seat not the best
What are people saying about it?
We discovered this Full Suspension Mountain Bike with 29-Inch Wheels when researching mountain bikes online and this one came up as one of the top ones to get.
While there are hundreds of reviews online, we did find quite a few where people had a lot to say about the Diamondback Recoil 29′er and the majority were 5 star reviews with a few lesser reviews. Overall it got a score of 4.3 stars out of a possible 5 stars, that’s pretty darn good for something people can be picky about.
Many commented that the bike gave them a great ride on any terrain and it was very easy to shift.
The suspension is excellent for the price point of this type of bike according to some and there were no complaints about how the bike handled on rough terrain.
The only negatives that were mentioned were the seat, many replaced the seat with a more comfortable one and the other complaint was that unless you really know what you’re doing, you can’t really fine tune the bike yourself.